Sunday, September 19, 2010

Delectable Coconut Lemon Curd Cake

I've been wanting to make a coconut cake all summer long. After some researching on the net, I found that there are very few actual coconut cake recipes out there. Most are vanilla cakes with coconut filling or frosting. I almost dismissed the idea altogether when I ran into THIS recipe. I'm not usually a big fan of Martha Stewart recipes (most of the ones I've tried have turned out to be mediocre at best), but since this one is originally from the Clinton St. Baking Company, I thought I'd give it a try.

I did, however, do some substitutions and tweaks to the original recipe. I used All-Purpose Flour instead of Cake Flour. Apparently, basic rule of thumb for this type of substitution is: 1 Cup Cake Flour = 1 Cup AP Flour, minus 2 Tablespoons. I also added ten more minutes to the baking time as my cake took a little longer to set.

In the end, it turned out to be a yummy light cake with the perfect complement of tangy lemon curd filling topped off with coconut-dusted cream cheese frosting. Absolutely dee-lish!

No comments:

Post a Comment