Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dan Mills - Socks


I am lovin', lovin', lovin' this song! I heard it on satellite radio during my drive into work, and it made me smile. It reminds me of a time when my baby girl was merely five months old. She would always sleep with us at night. We (my husband, baby and myself) would spend cold winter nights bundled up and huddled in bed. One morning while making the bed, I was fastidiously trying to smooth out these incorrigible lumps under the sheets. See, I'm a bit of a bed-making Nazi --- tight corners, smooth sheets, even draping on both sides, please! After some rooting around, I dig out one of my husband's socks. Sigh, I thought. He's always leaving his socks all over the place. Then I notice another lumpy bundle closer to the foot of the bed. Darn him, I thought! It's undoubtedly the mate to his rogue sock. I pull it out and ashamedly discover that it was one of mine. Oops! Sheepishly, I continue making the bed. Again I notice a small little lump at the very bottom of the sheet. I reach in and pull out the teeniest, tiniest, multi-colored striped sock. I immediately smile. A little family of rogue socks. My heart melts...

1 comment: