Tuesday, February 15, 2011

i want to see this


I'm a big Sofia Coppola fan. Her films often seem to convey a quiet and deep thoughtfulness -- stories told through a subtle yet profound perspective. But I'm no movie critic. I just know what I like. Lost In Translation, Marie Antoinette, and my favorite, The Virgin Suicides. I love it all. Which is why I'm so looking forward to seeing this movie. It's called Somewhere, and it stars the underrated Stephen Dorff and the charming Elle Fanning (yes, Dakota's sister). Check out the trailer above. Looks interesting, right? The film was released in late December, but I didn't get wind of it till I read about it on one of my fave blogs. I'm hoping I can find it playing somewhere local.

P.S. Totally digging the song on the trailer. It's called I'll Try Anything Once by The Strokes.


No comments:

Post a Comment